It's important to keep abreast of any and all health scares that could affect your pet's health.
When things go horribly awry with your pet's health, time is of the essence.
Monday- Friday 8 am- 5:30 pm
Saturday 8 am- 12 pm
29810 FM 1093, Suite G
Fulshear, Texas 77441
We have our own in-house pharmacy so your prescriptions are filled while you wait.
Preventive medicine is the best defense against health issues down the road.
If you have an emergency and it's during business hours, please rush your pet in. If at all possible please call when you are on your way to ensure a doctor is available. If you have an emergency and it's past business hours please call (281) 346-0077 for further instrustions or you can call one of the following emergency clinics below.
Click on ePet Health above to register your email with us on the ePet Health website. This website helps you stay in touch with all your pets medical records. If you haven't received an email from us and would like to be linked to your pets medical records, call the office and give us your email address.
With Valentine's Day approaching chocolate candies and hearts will be given to our Valentine. We aren't the only ones that like chocolate and candy, our pets like chocolate and candy too!
Chocolate toxicity is most common around holidays when chocolate can be found at every turn. Unfortunately, dogs do not show restraint with how much they consume. Chocolate is also toxic to cats, but they often do not eat enough of this delicacy to cause toxicity. Chocolate contains a group of chemicals known as methylxanthines; most specifically, theobromine and caffeine. Dogs and cats can not tolerate the higher levels of these compounds like people can. Different types of chocolate have varying amounts of these toxic compounds:
**White Chocolate contains insignificant amounts of the toxic compounds, and is therefore rarely toxic**
Symptoms of Chocolate Toxicity depends on type of chocolate eaten and how much was eaten.
Mild Toxicity: Vomiting and Diarrhea
Moderate Toxicity: Vomiting, Diarrhea, hyperactivity and a racing heart rate
Severe Toxicity: Seizures and Death
Since chocolate containing foods often contain butter and milk, the high fat content can cause inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis) in dogs. Pancreatitis causes intense abdominal pain; vomiting and can require hospitalization to recover. To keep your pet healthy and out of the emergency room, keep all candy, candy wrappers and chocolate containing items in a tightly sealed container far out of reach from your pet.
If your pet has consumed chocolate, call the office at 281-346-0077, time is of the essence!!